I. SAVE THE FILE
- Right click on the file to download (Download Outlook Calendar)
- Select Save File as or Save Target As and note where you save the file to (Desktop works well)
II. IMPORT THE FILE
After downloading the file, open Outlook and follow these directions for importing it into your calendar:
- From the File Menu, select the Import and Export... Menu option.
- Select "Import from another program or file" and click Next.
- Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and click Next.
- Find the desired CSV file (filename.csv) and select "overwrite duplicate items" and click Next.
- Select Calendar and click Next.
- The next window will have a title that says 'The following actions will be performed:' above an option to 'Import "filename.csv" into folder: Calendar.'
- Check that box and and click on 'Import "filename.csv" into folder: Calendar'
III. ASSIGN FIELDS
- From there, click and drag needed fields from the left window into the right window. START TIME, END TIME, and REMINDER TIME, etc. Its fairly self-explanatory, but the basic corresponding fields are below:
SUBJECT to Subject
START DATE to Start Date
START TIME to Start Time
END DATE to End Date
END TIME to End Time
REMINDER DATE to Reminder Date
REMINDER TIME to Reminder Time
DESCRIPTION to Description
LOCATION to Location
Each event is set up with a reminder 2 hours prior to the event. If you don't want the reminders do not set this field. If you'd like Outlook to include a reminder, set the following fields: REMINDER_ON_OFF to Reminder On/Off. You can always edit any event to turn a reminder on or off.
- Click OK
- Then Click Finish