Game Preview: Ontario Reign at Bakersfield Condors
Ontario Reign: 21-14-2-1 (45 points) – 1st place - Pacific Division
Bakersfield Condors: 13-21-3-2 (31 points) – 4th place – Pacific Division
Arena: Rabobank Arena
Date: Saturday, January 24
10/18/09 @Bakersfield W, 2-1
10/29/08 vs. Bakersfield L, 3-6
11/14/08 vs. Bakersfield W, 3-2
11/28/08 vs. Bakersfield W, 2-1 (SO)
12/28/08 @ Bakersfield L, 2-6
1/24/09 @ Bakersfield 7:30 p.m.
1/25/09 vs. Bakersfield 5:00 p.m.
2/13/09 @ Bakersfield 7:00 p.m.
3/7/09 vs. Bakersfield 7:00 p.m.
4/3/09 @ Bakersfield 7:00 p.m.
4/4/09 @ Bakersfield 7:30 p.m.
Tonight’s game is the sixth time the Ontario Reign and the Bakersfield Condors will face-off in the 2008-2009 season. The Reign hold a 3-2-0-0 record against Bakersfield, with the Condors taking the win, 6-2, in the teams’ last match-up at Rabobank Arena on December 28. Reign Captain Jon Francisco leads the Reign against the Condors with five points (2g, 3a), and efenseman David Walker and center Tim Kraus each have 4 points against the club this season. Bakersfield right wing Chad Painchaud leads the club in points against the Reign with seven (1g, 6a). The teams are scheduled to meet five additional times this season, with three at Rabobank Arena in Bakersfield, CA and two at Citizens Business Bank Arena.
Ontario currently ranks first in the Pacific Division standings, posting an overall record of 21-14-2-1 (45 points), six points ahead of the Stockton Thunder (39 points) for second. The Reign are 11-7-2-0 in home games and 10-7-0-1 on the road. Bakersfield ranks fourth place in the Pacific Division standings, with an overall record of 13-21-3-2 (31 points).
Sunday, January 25 – The Reign return home to face the Condors at Citizens Business Bank Arena in the second in a back-to-back series, as the teams don the jerseys of their NHL affiliates for “Affiliation Night.” Doors open at 4 p.m.; Puck drop is at 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, January 25 - Join the Reign as they don their affiliate NHL Los Angeles Kings inspired jerseys for "Affiliation Night!" The Reign and Condors will each wear jerseys inspired by their NHL affiliates; the Condors are the Anaheim Ducks affiliates, as the Reign auction the jerseys off their backs in a silent auction during the game. Proceeds from the auction will benefit the San Antonio Community Hospital.
Sunday, January 25 - Join the Reign as they offer fans a Sunday Family Special! Families can catch all the action between the Reign and the Bakersfield Condors at a special 5 p.m. start time! Enjoy four tickets to the game, four hot dogs and four sodas for only $44! Four for $44 packages are subject to availability and are only available at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office.
Sunday, January 25 is also the Reign’s next Kid’s Club Night! There is still time to become a Reigndrops Kids Club Member. Children 12 & under can be a part of the Reigndrops Kids Club for only $35 for the first child, and each additional child is only $25! Benefits include:
• Free tickets to the three (3) remaining Kids Club games
Sunday, January 25
Sunday, February 22
Sunday, March 22
• Official Kids Club membership ID card and lanyard
• Official Kids Club T-shirt
• Autographed puck by a member of the Reign
• Exclusive opportunity to skate with the team
• The opportunity to be a part of the Kids Club end of the season party
• Personalized birthday card
• Todd Jackson set a team record Saturday, January 17, becoming the first-ever Reign player to score two back-to-back shorthanded goals in a single game.
• Todd Jackson currently holds a 2-game point streak (2g, 1a) (1/16/09-1/17/09)
• Itan Chavira currently holds a 2-game point streak (2a) (1/16/09-1/17/09)
• Jon Francisco extended his point streak to two games (4g, 2a) (1/16/09-1/17/09)
• Andrew Martens currently holds a 2-game point streak (1g, 2a) (1/16/09-1/17/09)
• Goals – Jon Francisco (17)
• Assists –Geoff Walker (18)
• Points – Jon Francisco (32)
• PIM – David Walker (71)
• PPG – Jon Francisco (7)
• +/- – P.J. Atherton (+7)
• Wins – John Murray (12)
• GAA – Jeff Zatkoff (2.25)
• SVP –Jeff Zatkoff (0.936)
• Attendance – 5th (avg. 5,072)
• Shootouts (overall) – 1st (.800)
• Power Play (overall) – 5th (.196)
• Power Play (home) – 7th (.188)
• Geoff Walker – 11th (tied) (rookie scoring) (30)
• Jon Francisco – 5th (tied) (game winning goals) (4)
• Jon Francisco – 6th (tied) (first goals) (5)
• Jeff Zatkoff – 6th (goals-against average) (2.25)
• John Murray – 13th (goals-against average) (2.67)
• Jeff Zatkoff – 3rd (save percentage) (.936)
• John Murray – 7th (save percentage) (.922)
• Wins – John Murray – 9th (tied) (12)
Single game tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.com, at all TicketMaster locations, or by calling (213) 480-3232.