Reign's Citizens Business Bank Arena Named to Top 100 Arenas WorldwideOct 13, 2015
AEG Facilities once again dominated Pollstar’s 3rdQuarter rankings of the world’s top arenas, with a total of 49% of ticket sales in the Top 5 arenas, 38% in the Top 10, and 32% in the Top 25 arenas, based on concert and show tickets sold in AEG Facilities arenas.
With three venues appearing on the list in the top ten arenas worldwide, AEG Facilities affiliated arenas accounted for more than 6.6 million tickets sold through the 3rd Quarter of 2015, accumulated from the top 100 venues across three continents. A total of 21 venues owned, operated or affiliated with AEG Facilities were named in the list of the top 100 arenas worldwide including seven of the top 25. Statistics and rankings were compiled by the well-respected concert and venue industry publication Pollstar magazine.
AEG Facilities’ The O2 in London once again tops the charts at #1, with more than 1.2 million tickets sold through the 3rd Quarter of 2015 while STAPLES Center (Los Angeles, CA) ranked #3 in the U.S. and #9 worldwide. The O2 has led the rankings every year since it opened in June 2007 while The SSE Hydro (Glasgow, UK) ranked #3 worldwide, giving AEG Facilities three venues in the top 10 worldwide.
"The continued growth and success across all of our AEG Facilities arenas across the globe is indicative to the great work done by all of our venues who continue to attract and host the world’s greatest events throughout the year," said Bob Newman, President, AEG Facilities. “Our global network of resources continue to work together to maximize event activity for all of AEG Facilities venues and we look forward to our most successful year to date.”
The complete list of venues AEG Facilities owns, operates or is affiliated with that placed in the Top 100 for the 2015 3rd quarter rankings include:
- The O2, London, UK – 1
- The SSE Hydro, Glasgow, UK – 3
- STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, California – 9
- Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York – 12
- Sprint Center, Kansas City, Missouri – 15
- Barclaycard Arena, Hamburg, Germany – 23
- Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin, Germany – 25
- The SSE Arena, Wembley, London, UK – 32
- Perth Arena, Perth, Australia –33
- KFC Yum! Center, Louisville, Kentucky – 35
- Prudential Center, Newark, New Jersey – 47
- Valley View Casino Center, San Diego, California – 48
- CONSOL Energy Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania –49
- Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia - 51
- Target Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota – 53
- Oracle Arena, Oakland, California – 54
- Qantas Credit Union Arena, Darling Harbour, Australia – 56
- Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Boondall, Australia – 61
- Ericsson Globe, Stockholm, Sweden – 65
- American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida – 67
- Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario, California – 96
Pollstar is the leading international publication for the concert industry, which publishes quarterly, mid-year and annual rankings of top arenas in ticket sales worldwide.
About AEG Facilities
AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, is the leading sports, entertainment and venue operator in the world. AEG Facilities, a stand-alone affiliate of AEG, owns, operates or consults with more than 100 of the industry’s preeminent venues worldwide, across five continents, providing complete venue management, as well as specialized programs in operations, guest services, ticketing, booking, sales and marketing. AEG Facilities also provides resources and access to other AEG-affiliated entities, including live event producer, AEG Live, AEG Global Partnerships, AEG Development, AEG 1Earth, AEG Encore and AEG Creative to support the success of AEG venues and events across the globe. For more information, please visit aegworldwide.com.